WSO partners with Intergroups and Regions to host events that are open to the worldwide ACA Fellowship. In order to facilitate this partnership, please note the following:
Responsibilities of the group requesting WSO partnership
- Complete the initial form BEFORE advertising specific event dates to the public (see “Plan Your Event” information section first)
- Have at least 2 people who are skilled in the back-end technical side of hosting Zoom meetings (WSO cannot promise technical support during the event)
- Provide WSO with a central point of contact for the event
- Use WSO suggested Zoom safety protocols before and during the event
- Have all speakers/presenters sign a release for audio recordings and handouts to be placed on a WSO website (before the event)
- Provide WSO with a copy of handouts, if used, for posting online
- Announce at the event that it is being recorded and an audio-only recording will be posted online
- Consider making a 7th Tradition contribution to WSO, from the event, based on the percentage in WSO’s Where the Money Goes Flyer
Responsibilities of WSO
- Provide a Zoom hosting account that can accommodate more than 100, up to 1,000, participants
- Announce the event on the WSO Events Calendar and in the Traveler Newsletter
- Provide the Intergroup/Region with a copy of the WSO suggested Zoom safety protocols
- Provide the Intergroup/Region a link to the Speaker/Presenter Release form
- Provide the Intergroup/Region with an audio recording of the event
Planning Your Event – To Partner with WSO, submit your answers to the following questions using this online form.
- Type of event
- Speaker Meeting – one or more speakers with no participant (may be opened to shares at the end)
- Workshop/Discussion Panel – one or more speaker PLUS interaction with participants (example: Question and Answer time during the event)
- Other – please provide details
- How many dates are needed?
- If more than one date is needed, is this a series or repeated event?
- Series – Topic(s) spread across several dates – attendees will probably want to attend more than one to get the complete experience
- Repeated Event – The same event will be repeated on multiple dates – attendees will not have to attend more than once to get a complete experience
- What dates/times are you considering? How long (each day) will the event last?
- What is the title or topic of the Event?
- If the event is a series, are there “subtitles” or “topics” for the different dates? If so, what are they? (if known)
- Who is the primary contact for the event? This will be the person responsible for interacting with WSO for coordinating the event.
- What is the email address for this person?
- Is this person currently on the WSO Slack workspace. (If not, an invitation to join will be sent.)
- Is the group willing to contribute a percentage of the 7th Tradition contributions to WSO? (Where the Money Goes flyer has a suggest percent breakdown https://adultchildren.org/wp-content/uploads/Literature/Where_does_the_money_go_flyer_BW.pdf)
- Do you have a list of speakers/panelists (for each date, if multiple)? Are they willing to sign the Speaker Release Form so the audio recording can be posted online?
- Does your group have at least 2 people who can do Zoom tech support during the event? (who will not be panelists or speakers)