The 2020 ABC/AWC is being held in Boca Raton, Florida, USA.
2020 ABC (Annual Business Conference)
Thursday, April 23 – Friday, April 24, 2020
2019 AWC (ACA World Convention)
Saturday, April 25 – Sunday, April 26, 2020
Visit the website for more details: https://www.acaworldconvention.org/
The 2019 Annual Business Conference (ABC) was held in Malmo Sweden on April 25 and April 26th 2019.
These are the recorded sessions from the ABC that are being made available for the fellowship.
- Day 1 Thursday April 26 – Part 1 – Delegate Training
- Day 1 Thursday April 26 – Part 2 – Formal Opening, Treasurer’s Report, Executive Report, Delegate Training Report, Finance Report
- Day 1 Thursday April 26 – Part 3 – DCOC Report, ABC Report, Ballot Prep Report
- Day 1 Thursday April 26 – Part 4 – European Committee Report, Members and Public Services, OPPM Report
- Day 1 Thursday April 26 – Part 5 – Proposals Discussion and Voting
- Day 2 Friday April 27 – Part 1 – Website Report, Nominating Committee, Audit Report
- Day 2 Friday April 27 – Part 2 – Addressing Predatory Behavior, Literature Part 1
- Day 2 Friday April 27 – Part 3 – Literature Part 2, Service Network Report
- Day 2 Friday April 27 – Part 4 – Voting Part 2, Ratifications
WSO is providing information on the 2019 Annual Business Conference in stages, so that information can be released as quickly as possible. Please return to this space to learn more. Here is a rough schedule:
1) Summary of official actions taken by the delegates and WSO board at the 2019 ABC. To be posted within two weeks of the ABC. Completed
2) Audio recordings of the ABC sessions. To be posted within four weeks of the ABC. Available now.
3) Draft minutes of the ABC. To be posted within two months of the ABC.
4) Final minutes will be submitted for approval at the 2020 ABC.
Ballot Proposal 9: Adopt a Diversity Statement for ACA.
Action: ABC delegates voted to adopt the following diversity statement: “ACA is an inclusive organization and open to all affected by family dysfunction. We strive to create an atmosphere that reflects the diverse communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to be their full, authentic selves.”
Ballot Proposal 7: Approve a Proposed Mission Statement for ACA.
Action: ABC delegates voted to create a working group to review the original draft mission statement, and revise it to address wording concerns expressed by delegates. A revised version will be resubmitted for consideration at the 2020 ABC.
Literature Committee motion: that the delegates approve a proposed meeting safety card drafted by the Addressing Predatory Behavior working group.
Action: After extensive discussion, ABC delegates approved the following motion–that the Addressing Predatory Behavior working group convene at least two open discussion sessions, available to all volunteers, and revise proposed literature about victimizing behavior inside and outside ACA meetings. Following WSO board approval, the revised literature will be made available to the fellowship by September 2019, so that groups can test it and provide feedback to WSO. The working group and Literature Committee will incorporate fellowship suggestions as needed, and bring a final document back to the 2020 ABC for Conference approval.
Trustee ratification: Delegates ratified the following trustees for WSO board service: Bill D., Carole C., Charlie H., David McB., Erin D., Jim B., Majbrit M., Miles C., Pat H., Rich R.
WSO board officers: The new WSO trustee officers were announced to the delegates: Charlie H., chair; David McB., vice chair; Pat H., treasurer; and Miles C., secretary.
We’d like to thank the Swedish Host Committee for their service in hosting a successful ABC/AWC.
Adult Children from around the world converged in Malmo, Sweden recently for the ABC and 4th annual ACA World Convention. Representatives from 24 countries were in attendance; 20 delegates participated remotely. The AWC was rich with speakers and workshops.
2019 AWC Workshops and Speakers – Audio downloads (MP3) of convention speakers and workshops will be available this month for purchase and download. They will be posted soon at Shop.AdultChildren.Org. Audio from previous years are available there as well.
A Dial in Number for AWC attendees to hear a Live Translation in the main AWC room will be used starting at 5pm.
It will be English to Swedish, or Swedish to English as needed based upon the main speaker of the session.
Here is the Binder, supplied to the attending Delegation at the ABC, which includes:
- Important Delegate Information, explaining the workings of the Conference
- An introduction of the Board and the Structure of WSO
- The annual reports of the various Committees of the Board
- The Proposals from the Fellowship, adopted for discussion
- The OPPM – the Manual that guides our procedures and policies
Here is the report from the Treasurer to be offered at the upcoming Annual Business Conference:DB19 - 3 - Treasurers Report Final A4