Volunteer Resource Committee
The Purpose of the Volunteer Resources Committee (VRC) is to:
- provide guidance and support for the volunteers of WSO, such as developing welcoming and educational materials, and healthy communication and leadership workshops,
- be a resource for WSO committees with volunteer needs, and
- promote emotional sobriety and healthy functioning in WSO committees.
When do we meet?
The VRC meets on second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 4pm ET.
Meeting ID: 869 3807 5882
Saturday 5th November 2022,
12:30pm Eastern US (doors open at 12:15)
the WSO Volunteer Day.
The Volunteer Day Program essentially has 3 parts:
- Volunteer Panel – Relatable testimonials of a few volunteers, to welcome and inspire service. Hear of their journeys in WSO – with all the emotions and critical voices.
- A Surprise Visit – Not much else can be said… or it wouldn’t be a surprise!
- Committee Panel – A review of the WSO committee system, focusing on the work of a few committees, touching on volunteer opportunities.
After each panel there will be time for questions about service and committee activities.
Participants will also be guided to information at acawso.org – committee reports, the committee calendar, and the monthly Board Teleconference. We will go to the Service in ACA (Volunteer) form to see how it works and what to expect.