Download the PDF MSSC – Addressing Predatory Behavior,...Read More
Category: Addressing Predatory Behavior
The Addressing Predatory Behavior (APB) Working Group was formed, by group conscience of fellowship members present, after a workshop on meeting safety at the Toronto AWC in 2018, with the following mission:
- To provide education and resources for members, groups, intergroups, and newcomers to address predatory behaviors within the ACA fellowship.
- To create safe spaces for open discussions about Predatory Behavior in the fellowship.
Reports of working group activity from May 2018 through September 2020 are posted in this section.
The ACA Commitment to Addressing Predatory Behavior for use in meetings, widely known as the APB Tent Card, was approved for preliminary publication by the Board of Trustees in October 2019 and is available for download here.
In collaboration with the Literature Committee, a Special Edition ComLine was compiled, presenting member shares on the topic of predatory behavior at meetings, and highlighting just how wide-spread the issue appears to be.
In this section, you will also find resources that were developed by local meetings and Intergroups, such as a collection of Group Safety Statements, a Group Safety Folio, and some suggestions for Addressing Inappropriate Behaviors based on previously existing ACA literature.
The 2020 Virtual ABC passed a floor motion requesting that the WSO Board of Trustees form a committee addressing broader safety issues, particularly safety issues in phone and virtual environments. In June 2020, the Board created the Ad-hoc Committee on Meeting and Service Safety with the mandate (among other things) to incorporate, coordinate and guide existing and prior safety-related initiatives, including the Addressing Predatory Behavior Working Group, into its mission.
For any questions about the ACA World Service Organization’s current efforts to address issues related to meeting safety and predatory behavior, please send an email to [email protected].
- Board Executive Committee
- Board Meeting Minutes
- Board Teleconference Agendas
- Board Treasurer’s Report
- ABC AWC Committee
- ABC Proposals & Ballot Prep
- Audit Committee
- Distribution Center – WSO Office
- Dist Ctr Oversight Committee
- European Committee
- Finance Committee
- Global Members Committee
- Hospitals & Institutions (H&I)
- Human Resources Committee
- Information Technology Committee
- Literature Committee
- Literature Committee Meetings
- ACA Logo Usage Guidelines
- Literature Evaluation
- Literature Submissions
- Fellowship Review
- Literature in Production
- Literature Committee Volunteering
- Literature Translations
- The Loving Parent Guidebook
- Meeting and Service Safety Ad-Hoc Committee
- Member Services Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Public Services Committee
- Publishing Committee
- Representation, Equity and Accessibility Ad-Hoc Committee
- Service Network Committee
- The Traveler Newsletter
- Young Adults and ACA Teens
- 7th Tradition Contributions
- Volunteer Resource Committee