Over the last month, the Literature Committee spent a great deal of time on-boarding the Literature Committee Production Assistant, LCPA, conducting an extensive review of the website, and communicating with members interested in translations and re-establishing the ComLine.
Audio BRB – The audio version of the BRB was received and distributed to the Board. A set of CDs containing both the improved audio and the original audio versions were received by the Literature Committee Chair. The LCPA prepared a report of the various delivery mechanisms and the price points.
Spanish BRB – Coordinating between the translating groups continues by Ines Z., Spanish Translation/Group Liaison Trusted Servant. The North American Translation Group will meet by mid month to plot out the fnal push to finish the BRB!
Multilingual Translations – The Literature committee received from Majbrit the references in the Danish BRB of items being used on the multi-lingual page of the new website. Ines is translating the The Problem, The Solution, The 12 Steps of ACA, The 12 Traditions of ACA, The ACA Promises, The Laundry List, and Frequently Asked Questions.
ComLine – Several members have come forward who want to be involved in re-establishing the ComLine. Once the website redesign is finished, we will accumulate approximately 6 months’ worth ComLine materials before restarting publication – most likely in an electronic format.
e-BRB sales for May were 298 e-books sold. All tolled, there have been 4,908 e-BRBs sold.
The “Starting an Intergroup” project has been drafted and is ready for best practices input from established intergroups.
ACA Is… – Still in search for an Arabic translation.
During the past month, the Literature Committee has welcomed aboard the Literature Committee Production Assistant (LCPA) with a signed understanding.
- She has made contact with the various translation groups and is getting updates from them.
- She has researched the current technology regarding Digital Rights Management (DRM) to determine if it is feasible to provide the audio Fellowship Text as an mp3.
- She has provided two additional layout professional contacts for blind bidding.
- She has created a detailed ACA Product List in Excel, which includes completed projects, ongoing projects; she will add projects from the literature queue.
- She has contacted Wendell’s to obtain artwork for chips and medallions to use on the new website.
- She has updated trifolds and booklets to include the registration symbols so that the front of each reads, “Adult Children of Alcoholics®/Dysfunctional Families
Sincerely yours in service,
Larry A., Literature Chair
ACA WSO Trustee
From a space of love, I give service in ACA so that every adult child seeking recovery may find a safe place.