General – During the month of July, the Literature Committee has continued to work on finalizing the website, the roll out of the audio Fellowship Text (a-BRB), and worked with the North American Spanish Translation Committee on finishing the Spanish Fellowship Text.
Audio BRB– The Literature Committee sought a consensus about the distribution module that will be used and price point.
Spanish BRB – Coordinating between the translating groups continues by Ines Z., Spanish Translation/Group Liaison Trusted Servant. The North American Translation Group will meet to plot out the final push to finish the BRB!
Multilingual Translations– The LCPA is coordinating the translation effort having made contact with German and Polish members.
ComLine – The names of several members who have come forward to be involved in re-establishing the ComLine have been given to the LCPA. Once the website redesign is finished, they will work to accumulate approximately 6 months’ worth of ComLine materials before restarting publication – most likely in an electronic format.
e-BRB sales for July were 258 e-books sold. All tolled, there have been 5,434 e-BRBs sold.
The “Starting an Intergroup” project has been steadily moving forward with a rigorous debate over the guidelines.
Trifold Arabic ACA Is…– The Literature Committee sought the Specific Concurrence from the Board and they approved the expenditure of $259 to have ACA Is… translated into Arabic.
Literature Committee Production Assistant (LCPA) activities:
- Researched the current technology regarding Digital Rights Management (DRM) to determine feasibility of providing the audio Fellowship Text as an mp3.
- Checked ACA Is… Arabic translation; found need for correction/update; standardized corrected final.
- Provided one additional translator contact for Arabic.
- Updated Polish site translations documents to add missing translations.
- Prepared downloadable, printable PDFs for new website of 7 site translations of available material.
- Corrected and updated all contact information on all literature and prepared new digital files for future printings.
- Updated ACA Is… to correct contact information and to comply with standardization.
- Researched storage options for backups of all ACA Literature. Created personal backup storage as temporary measure until permanent solution is finalized.
- Wrote specifications for quote to print meditation book in larger, casebound, casewrap format (6×9, 5.5×8.5, 5×7)
- Contacted two translation service companies to discuss best methods for machine translation of BRB
– in its entirety for Polish group
– best method(s) of getting existing translation of Spanish into translation memory for post-alignment
- Prepared updated NDA for translation companies
- Prepared updated translation agreement for translators
Sincerely yours in service,
Larry A., Literature Chair
ACA WSO Trustee
Ines Z., Spanish Translation/Group Liaison Trusted Servant
ACA WSO Trustee
Robin R., Staff
Literature Committee Production Assistant
From a space of love, I give service in ACA so that every Adult Child seeking recovery may find a safe place.