ACA WSO TELECONFERENCE MINUTES
June 14, 2014
A. Called to Order: The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of ACA WSO was called to order at 2:00 p.m. EST by Joan B., Vice Chairman, and opened with The Serenity Prayer. Step Six was read by the Vice Chairman.
B. Roll Call of Board Members: Joan B., Vice Chair and Hospital and Institutions Committee Chair;Karen R, Secretary;Vonnie G., MPS Chair and Trustee; Majbrit M., European Committee Chair and Trustee;Ines Z, Spanish Liaison and Spanish Translations Committee Chair and Trustee, and Martin C, Treasury Committee Member and Trustee; Allen C., Treasury Committee Member and Trustee.
C. Quorum established
D. Guest Introductions: Guests who chose to introduce themselves at this time included (number of TC meetings attended shown in parenthesis if announced): Jude, VA (1); Tracy, NY (1st); Judy, John, CA (5); Gloria, CA (3); Susie, PA (4); John, CA (5th);Bridget, CA (1st);Troy, TN (7); Mary Etta, CT (3); Scott, AZ (numerous); Phyllis, AZ (numerous); Ray, UK (1)
E. Approval of Minutes: A motion was made and the minutes of the May 10, 2014 teleconference meeting were approved as posted. (Karen)
F. Committee Reports:
1. Treasurer, Mary Jo L., presented by Martin C, Trustee and Finance Committee member: The year-to-date figures show a substantial increase in the surplus due in part to the meditation book sales; $84,000 has been spent on the new website. The full Treasurer Report is on the Repository.
2. Literature Committee, (Larry A.): Ines Z reports on Spanish Translations Project(s), that the North American Group for translations was interrupted by schedule conflicts but is back on board; John (CA) reports on the Intergroup Guideline Project as progressing now to the “loving discussion” phase of the operation; Martin C read Larry A’s Literature Committee report which included info about the audio version of the BRB, progress on re-establishing the ComLine, and welcoming a “Literature Committee Production Assistant.” The full report is on the Repository.
3. Distribution Office (Gloria) reports on meeting updates and book product sales. The fullDistribution Office report may be found on the Repository.
4. ACA Members and Public Service (MPS) Committee, Vonnie G.: Continues outreach efforts to non USA countries and providing information for both member and public. The full MPS Committee Report is found on the Repository.
5. Hospitals and Institutions Committee, Joan: continues providing BRB for inmates as requests continue. Many of the requests were initiated by word of mouth, of how the ACA program can help within the facilities. Full report is found on Repository.
6. Website/Database: Scott was able to report that he and Phyllis were able to participate in a Skype meeting with Russia as Phyllis was able to tell her story as a speaker for the meeting. Efforts for website updates continue with Larry being the main point of contact for the project. Full website/database report may be found on the Repository.
7. OPPM Review Committee, (Karen): No report; hopes to have first discussion with committee volunteers perhaps the last Saturday of this month.
8. European Activity Report, Majbrit M.: Continues with communications with Latvia concerning the upcoming ACA convention. Holland is in process of establishing an intergroup. The full report will be posted on the Repository.
9. 2015 ABC Committee, Mary Jo: not present, no report
10. Executive Committee Report (Joan):Reports Board Consensus to have an attorney to do a final review of our employee hand book to make sure of conformity to CA labor laws.
G. Old Business: Minutes of the 2014 ABC Board meeting were read by Karen and are now posted on the Repository.
H. New Business:
1.Motion was made and passed unanimously: To validate for the record the Board’s specific concurrence to provide a specific European e-mail address for Majbrit, WSO Trustee and Chair of the European Committee. (Majbrit)
2.Motion was made and passed unanimously: For the Board’s concurrence that Larry be reimbursed $93 for the expense of being sent a box of archival materials from a NY member. (Larry)
3.Motion was made and passed unanimously: To validate for the record, the Board’s specific concurrence to approve a purchase order of 3,000 welcome chips for a cost of $690.00. (Mary Jo)
Guest Comments: Several guests brought up questions and comments about phone bridge meetings, meeting safety, registering meetings, owners of meeting phone lines and special workers.
Announcements: The next ACA WSO Board Teleconference is scheduled for July 12, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. EST.
The 2015 Annual Business Conference is scheduled for the last weekend in April 2015, April (25-26). Start saving your pennies now or have your group start passing the basket an extra time around! Details to be announced. 🙂
Adjournment: The motion to adjourn was made and 2nd. The meeting was adjourned at 3:30 p.m. EST and closed with the Serenity Prayer.
Minutes respectfullysubmitted by; Karen R, ACA/WSO Board of Trustees, Secretary