ACA WSO TELECONFERENCE MINUTES
July 14, 2014
A. Called to Order: The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of ACA WSO was called to order at 2:00 p.m. EST by Larry A., Chairman, and opened with The Serenity Prayer. Step Seven was read by the Chairman.
B. Roll Call of Board Members: LarryA., Chair and Literature Committee Chairman; Mary Jo L, Treasurer; Karen R, Secretary; Vonnie G., MPS Chair and Trustee; Majbrit M., European Committee Chair and Trustee; Ines Z, Spanish Liaison and Spanish Translations Committee Chair and Trustee, and Martin C, Treasury Committee Member and Trustee; Allen C., Treasury Committee Member and Trustee.
C. Quorum established
D. Guest Introductions: Guests who chose to introduce themselves at this time included (number of TC meetings attended shown in parenthesis if announced): Tracy, NY (2);Susie, PA (5);Bonnie, TX (2); Elaine, IN (1); Wayne, Toronto (1); Carolyn (1); Kathy, NJ (2); Pam, CA
E. Approval of Minutes: A motion was made and the minutes of the June 14, 2014 teleconference meeting were approved as posted. (Karen)
F. Committee Reports:
1. Treasurer, Mary Jo L., reports we are at midpoint in the fiscal year and the financial look strong. The full Treasurer Report is on the Repository.
2. Literature Committee, (Larry A.): The full Literature Committee report which includes audio book project updates from Larry, aspects from Ines Z regarding Spanish Translations Project(s), and progress on the Intergroup Guideline Project given by Bonnie is on the Repository.
3. Distribution Office was given by Larry. Information was given on how to navigate various tabs in the Repository to view specific reports, graphs, etc. The fullDistribution Office report may be found on the Repository.
4. ACA Members and Public Service (MPS) Committee, Vonnie G.: Reports on continued outreach efforts to non USA countries and providing information for both member and public. There was a brief history of ACA meetings from a Quebec Intergroup. The full MPS Committee Report is found on the Repository.
5. Hospitals and Institutions Committee report was given by Larry. H & I continues to respond and ship ACA literature on request from inmates. The full report is found on Repository.
6. Website/Database: Larry was able to report about the progress and updates of the new website development along with suggested target dates for launch. Full website/database report may be found on the Repository.
7. European Activity Report, Majbrit M.: Point of Order due to technical phone service interruptions.
8. 2015 ABC Committee, Mary Jo: Reports being in process and review to consider moving dates of call for ballot proposals up a few weeks and also considering locations and hosts.
9. OPPM Review Committee, Karen: Reports project is on task with division of OPPM among volunteers for review.
10. Executive Committee Report: No report.
G. Old Business: none
H. New Business:
2. Motion was made and passed unanimously to validate for the record the Board’s specific concurrence to authorize the Chair to respond to the letter concerning a law suit against a group’s trusted servant. (Larry)
3. Motion was made and passed unanimously to validate for the record the Board’s specific concurrence to change the wording on the website point of contact confidentiality page to read as follows:
“Note: Contact person information is confidential and is to be used for inquiries about that specific meeting. It is not okay to use email addresses to send flyers or to promote events. See the events page to find out how to post your event and flyer.
To access contact person information, click on the ‘I agree’ button below.
Accessing this information implies an agreement to maintain confidentiality and only use contact information for registered ACA related purposes.” (Vonnie)
Motion #3a was made, discussed and carried unanimously to strike the last paragraph from adopted Motion #3, beginning with, “Accessing this information implies…–” (Karen)
Point of Order: European Report read. (Majbrit) A lot of activity in the UK and continued concerns regarding shipping costs out of USA. Majbrit is preparing herself for the speaking engagement in Latvia. The full report may be found on the Repository.
4. Motion was made and passed unanimously: That the Board validate on the record the Board’s specific concurrence to have the audio-BRB produced on flash drives and sent to the Signal Hill office for the staff to send it to the Board members. (Larry)
5. Motion was made and passed with one abstention that the Board validate for the record the specific concurrence to hire an Office Manager for the Distribution Center. (Mary Jo)
6. Motion was made and passed unanimously that the Board validate for the record the Board’s specific concurrence to expend $5,000 on the new website. (Larry)
Guest Comments: Various guests commented on inconsistencies with printed literature and the BRB, occasional bleed-overs and technical problems with the phone lines and sometimes phone meetings; binding issues regarding the meditation books; phone meeting and workshop interests.
Announcements: The next ACA WSO Board Teleconference is scheduled for August 9, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. EST.
The 2015 Annual Business Conference is scheduled for the last weekend in April 2015, April (25-26). Start saving your pennies now or have your group start passing the basket an extra time around! Details to be announced. 🙂
Adjournment: The motion to adjourn was made and 2nd. The meeting was adjourned at 3:17p.m. EST and closed with the Serenity Prayer.
Minutes respectfully submitted by; Karen Ragan, ACA/WSO Board of Trustees, Secretary