Dear ACA Group,
Each year the ACA World Service Organization holds our Annual Business Conference (ABC) in April. The 2016 Annual Business Conference (ABC) will be held April 22-24, 2016.
As part of the ABC, Groups and Intergroups around the world are asked to submit proposals for consideration by the fellowship to be placed on the ABC agenda.
If your group has a proposal that they would like the fellowship to consider placing on the agenda at the 2016 ABC, the process is as follows:
- Please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2016_Request_for_Proposalsto submit proposals.
- Fill in the form per the instructions indicated.
- All proposals are to be received by the WSO by September 30, 2015. This is a much earlier deadline than in recent years, which is why your group is receiving this email now. The reason for the earlier date is to allow enough time for proposals to be analyzed for impact and translated.
- After all proposals are reviewed, clarified, a WSO Impact Analysis is written, and the translations are completed, they will be sent for group conscience votes on or about December 2, 2015. The group conscience votes on the proposals are due back to WSO by February 28, 2016.
- Proposals that receive a 2/3 affirmative vote will then be placed on the 2016 ABC agenda for the delegates to consider.
In addition, the Board has voted to host the inaugural one day World ACA Conference (WAC) either immediately before or after the ABC at the same location. The location has not yet been determined. That information will be posted on the ACA website as soon as it is known. If you have any questions about this process, please send a reply to [email protected].
Yours in Service,
The 2016 ABC Board Liaison