October 10, 2015
2:00 p.m. EST
Access number: 712.432.0075, Pin 427266# Press *6 to mute or un-mute. Please notify the secretary with changes, additions, or motions for this meeting.
A. Call to Order: Please be sure that any background noises in your area are eliminated since the sounds make it difficult for participants to hear. When speaking, please say your name first. This will help us record your name with your input. Thank you.
- Open with the Serenity Prayer
- Tradition Ten: Adult Children of Alcoholics has no opinion on outside issues; hence the ACA name ought never be drawn into public controversy.
B. Roll Call of Board Members: Larry A., Chair, and Literature Committee Chairperson; Mary Jo L., Treasurer, Finance Committee Chair; Majbrit M., European Committee Chair and Vice Chair; and Ines Z, Secretary, Spanish Liaison and Spanish Translations Committee Chair.
Announce Trustee, Martin’s Resignation
I have decided that for the sake of my emotional sobriety, I am resigning from all WSO service with immediate effect (2/10/2015). That includes the Board of Trustees, the Finance Committee, the Intergroup Committee, and European Committee.
C. Establish Quorum
D. Guests Introductions: Guests, while this has never been an issue with this Board, as an example to anyone who manages or attends ACA phone bridge meetings, we wish to make you aware that this conference line is used to manage and record our WSO teleconferences. A caller’s phone number and name appears on a dashboard visible only to the WSO Webmaster and the WSO Board. If you do not wish to disclose your information, feel free to use your phone settings to block your caller ID, or you can also attend this teleconference using your computer. Instructions for this are on our website Repository under “Teleconference Agendas.”
At this point we would like to invite all of our guests to introduce themselves by first name only and perhaps telling us where you are calling from and the number of times you have attended our monthly teleconference meetings. Guests, please introduce yourselves:
After the introductions: Non-Board members are welcome to listen to the Teleconference but are requested to remain silent unless called upon to participate. We respectfully ask that guests hold their comments until the end of our meeting. We ask everyone to press *6 if you are not speaking. If someone needs to talk further, they may do so at the close of the meeting.
E. Minutes: Motion to approve the minutes of the September 12th, 2015Teleconference Minutes. (Ines)
F. Committee Reports: I will ask the Committee Chairperson to give their reports. (Generally we provide 5 minutes for each report.)
- ACA WSO Treasurer’s Report and Finance Committee, (Treasurer, Mary Jo L.)
- ACA WSO Literature Committee, (Larry A/Robin)
- Intergroup Guidelines Update (John)
- H&I Guidelines (Joan)
- ComLine (Phyllis)
- Spanish Translations Update (Ines)
- Special Worker Report (Robin)
- ACA WSO Distribution Office (Mary Jo)
- ACA (MPS) Members and Public Service Committee, (Denise/John)
- Hospitals & Institutions Committee, (Joan B)
- Intergroup Liaison Committee (Vacant)
- ACA Website/Database Committee, (Larry)
- European Committee, (Majbrit M)
- OPPM Review Committee, (Joan)
- 2016 ABC Committee, (Larry)
- Executive Committee (Majbrit M)
- Approval of the purchase of 100 perfect bound workbooks that are used for H&I. This is not a larger quantity than ordered in the past.
- Approval for the purchase of approximately $2,600 worth of chips and medallions. These quantities are less than previously ordered.
G. Old Business: None
H. New Business:
Motions for October 2015 TC
- Motion: That the registration deadline for the ABC and AWC be March 11, 2016 (Larry)
Background: The venue of the ABC AWC requires a head count and the hotels nearby are holding rooms for overflow up to 45 days out. By setting this deadline in February, the WSO would not be obligated to pay for unreserved rooms and will give the WSO to prepare adequate number of materials and purchase beverages and snacks for the ABC WAC. Also since reservations may be made by regular mail, the time will allow for regular mail to be received ahead of the cut off time.
The Board is holding closed working sessions to engage in dialogues to try to stem the rising tide of emails. Due to the sensitive nature of these conversations, the typing of these minutes would be better handled by an outside service.
Guest Comments: To allow that all of our guests have a chance to share, we will limit guest comments to 3-5 minutes. If someone needs to talk further, they may do so after the close of the meeting.
Announcements: The deadline to submit proposals has passed. On December 2nd, 2015, the WSO will send the proposals, analyses and translations to all the registered groups and intergroups for their group’s conscience votes. The groups will have about three months to review and vote on the proposals.
The next ACA WSO Board Teleconference is scheduled November 14, 2015at 2:00 p.m. EST.
Is there a motion and 2nd to adjourn the meeting?
Close with the Serenity Prayer