Web Usage Highlights (from Google Analysis):
Overall November 2015 Activity remained consistent with that of the previous month (October)
- Overall inquirers (site visitors): 47,089 visiting the site, up 1.9% from October.
- Number of new inquirers: 62% of total visitors, basically unchanged from October.
- Inquirers using mobiles devices: 45% of total visitors, basically unchanged from October.
- Overall Bounce rate still slowly increasing (percentage of single page visitors; those who left the entry page visited at the site without further interaction with the site): 65%, up 3% from October.
- Most visited pages (after home page):
- Lit-Laundry List, Find-a-meeting, and Lit-Problem (same top three as in October)
- While most of the visitors are from the United States, we’re also getting a substantial number of visitors from other countries (128 different countries in total). Here’s the top five countries (same countries as in October, though the order has changed):
- United States: 82.6% of total
- Canada: 3.2%
- Russia: 3.0%
- United Kingdom: 2.9%
- Australia: 1.1%
On Nov 24, we found a high amount of spam entries coming in thru the web site web forms. CAPCHA protection subsequently added to meeting list web form, which appears to have stopped the harassment. However, continued to receive multiple “bounce messages” due to the invalid email addresses already sent thru the web forms. Hopefully, the problem is now resolved.
The web site was fully inoperative on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (Nov 28), restored the subsequent Sunday morning by Centauria (which is closed on Saturdays). Had lengthy discussions on following Monday addressing the issue and putting into place methodologies to hopefully prevent such an outage in the future.
Web site updates needed to support the 2016 ABC Proposals and Registrations are still pending review.