Dear Fellow ACA Members,
ACA’s Annual Business Conference (ABC), is the annual gathering of delegates from ACA groups and intergroups to transact the business of ACA.
At the ABC, the delegates consider fellowship proposals for possible action at the world service level. During the ABC, delegates also receive reports from the ACA World Service Organization (WSO) and its committees.
Each year the ACA WSO holds our Annual Business Conference (ABC) and ACA World Convention (AWC) in April.
The 2017 ABC will be held April 21-23, 2017.
Prior to the ABC, registered ACA Groups and Intergroups around the world are able to submit Group Conscience Proposals (GCP) for changes to improve ACA. These proposals are then turned into ballots and sent out to all ACA groups worldwide and if they receive enough votes, are then placed on the agenda to be discussed and considered at the Annual Business Conference. If your group has a proposal that they would like the ACA fellowship to consider placing on the agenda at the 2017 ABC, then please:
- Go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017_Request_for_Proposals to submit a proposal.
- Fill in the form per the instructions indicated.
- All proposals must be received by the WSO by September 30, 2016. This is a much earlier deadline than in recent years, which is why your group is receiving this email now. The reason for the earlier date is to allow enough time for proposals to be analyzed for impact and translated for international groups.
- After all proposals are reviewed, clarified, an impact analysis is written, and the translations are completed, they will be sent out in a Group Conscience (GCB) Ballot on or about December 2, 2016. The Group Conscience Ballots are due in to WSO’s online survey site by February 28, 2017.
- Proposals that receive at least a 2/3rds affirmative vote will then be placed on the agenda for the delegates to consider at the 2017 ABC.
In addition, the WSO will host the ACA World Convention immediately after the ABC at the same location. The location has not yet been determined. That information will be sent out and posted on the ACA website as soon as it is known. If you have any questions about this process, please send an email to either [email protected] or [email protected]
Yours in Service,
The 2017 ABC and Ballot Preparation Committees