WSO is in search of a self-directed and experienced part-time Accounting Controller to oversee financial, accounting and human resources activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting.
Controller Job Summary
The controller will handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, inventory accounting and oversee the financial activities of the company as well as interfacing with the HR team to manage payroll, compliance, and assist with benefits implementation. As head of finance, the controller will manage and supervise all aspects of accounting from payroll to tax compliance. Will work directly with the organization’s accountants and auditors and will assist with the development of internal control policies, operating procedures, and financial planning as needed.
Controller Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field.
- Ideal candidate has minimum of 10 years of experience in the field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Previous experience as an accounting supervisor or manager.
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite; Access, database, or other system knowledge.
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting, inventory accounting, and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work well with Board of Trustees and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members.
Please respond to this job posting, no later than September 19th, by sending your letter of interest, resume, salary requirements, and 3 professional references to: email@example.com