General – Over the last month, the Literature Committee continued on-boarding the Literature Committee Production Assistant (LCPA), conducted an extensive review of the website, and communicated with members wishing to be a part of the Literature editorial review process for reestablishing the ComLine.
Audio BRB– The Literature Committee sought a consensus about the distribution module that will be used and price point.
Spanish BRB– Coordinating between the translating groups continues by Ines Z., Spanish Translation/Group Liaison Trusted Servant. The North American Translation Group will meet to plot out the final push to finish the BRB!
Multilingual Translations– The LCPA is coordinating the translation effort having made contact with German and Polish members.
ComLine – The names of several members who have come forward to be involved in re-establishing the ComLine have been given to the LCPA. Once the website redesign is finished, they will work to accumulate approximately 6 months’ worth of ComLine materials before restarting publication – most likely in an electronic format.
e-BRB sales for May were 258 e-books sold. All tolled, there have been 5,166 e-BRBs sold.
The “Starting an Intergroup” project has been steadily moving forward with a rigorous debate over the guidelines.
Trifold Arabic ACA Is…– The Literature Committee sought the Specific Concurrence from the Board and they approved the expenditure of $259 to have ACA Is… translated into Arabic.
Literature Committee Production Assistant (LCPA) activities:
- Researched the current technology regarding Digital Rights Management (DRM) to determine feasibility of providing the audio Fellowship Text as an mp3.
- Provided two additional layout professional contacts for blind bidding.
- Created a detailed ACA Product List in Excel, which includes completed projects, ongoing projects, with plans to add projects from the literature queue.
- Contacted Wendell’s to obtain artwork for chips and medallions to use on the new website.
- Updated tri-folds and pamphlets to include the registration symbol (®) so that the front of each reads, “Adult Children of Alcoholics®/Dysfunctional Families”
- Developed a generic template in Word to standardize all translations for Frequently Asked Questions, The Laundry List, The ACA Promises, The 12 Traditions of ACA, The 12 Steps of ACA, The Problem, and The Solution.
- Currently researching cloud storage options.
Sincerely yours in service,
Larry A., Literature Chair
ACA WSO Trustee
From a space of love, I give service in ACA so that every Adult Child seeking recovery may find a safe place.