February 13, 2016
2:00 p.m. EST
Access number: 712.432.0075, Pin 427266# Press *6 to mute or un-mute. Please notify the secretary with changes, additions, or motions for this meeting.
A. Call to Order: Please be sure that any background noises in your area are eliminated since the sounds make it difficult for participants to hear. When speaking, please say your name first. This will help us record your name with your input. Thank you.
- Open with the Serenity Prayer
- Tradition Two: For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority – a loving God as expressed in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants, they do not govern.
B. Roll Call of Board Members: Larry A., Chair, and Literature Committee Chairperson; Mary Jo L., Treasurer, Finance Committee Chair; Majbrit M., European Committee Chair and Vice Chair and Ines Z, Secretary, Spanish Liaison and Spanish Translations Committee Chair.
C. Establish Quorum
D. Guests Introductions: Guests, while this has never been an issue with this Board, as an example to anyone who manages or attends ACA phone bridge meetings, we wish to make you aware that this conference line is used to manage and record our WSO teleconferences. A caller’s phone number and name appears on a dashboard visible only to the WSO Webmaster and the WSO Board. If you do not wish to disclose your information, feel free to use your phone settings to block your caller ID, or you can also attend this teleconference using your computer. Instructions for this are on our website Repository under “Teleconference Agendas.”
At this point we would like to invite all of our guests to introduce themselves by first name only and perhaps telling us where you are calling from and the number of times you have attended our monthly teleconference meetings. Guests, please introduce yourselves:
After the introductions: Non-Board members are welcome to listen to the Teleconference but are requested to remain silent unless called upon to participate. We respectfully ask that guests hold their comments until the end of our meeting. We ask everyone to press *6 if you are not speaking. If someone needs to talk further, they may do so at the close of the meeting.
Motion to approve the minutes of the November 14th, 2015Teleconference Minutes
Motion to approve the minutes of the January 9th, 2016 Teleconference Minutes
F. Committee Reports: I will ask the Committee Chairperson to give their reports. (Generally we provide 5 minutes for each report.)
- ACA WSO Treasurer’s Report and Finance Committee, Treasurer, Mary Jo L.
- ACA WSO Literature Committee, Larry A.
- Spanish Translations Update, Ines Z.
- ComLine, Phyllis
- ACA WSO DC Oversight Committee and Distribution Office, Mary Jo L. and Ines Z.
- ACA (MPS) Members and Public Service Committee, Denise/Joan
- Hospitals & Institutions Committee, Joan B
- Intergroup Liaison Committee, Bonnie M.
- ACA Website/Database Committee, LarryA.
- European Committee, Majbrit M.
- OPPM Review Committee, Joan B.
- 2016 ABC Committee, LarryA.
- Executive Committee, Majbrit M.
- Approval to order of 2,000 more Laundry Lists Workbooks. An order of 2000 workbooks was just received a week ago, but there were some pent-up demand, so 450 workbooks have already been sold. It takes up to 6 weeks from start to finish for an order.
- Approval for the purchase of 5 unlimited email accounts for use by the WSO Board members to conduct WSO work. The cost was $191.76. They used to be sold in multiples of 10 but since the last purchase, it was reduced to 5.
G. Old Business: None
H. New Business:
Motions for February 2016 TC
- Motion: To validate on the record the Board’s Specific Concurrence to pay the expenses ofthe European Chair to attend an ACA conference in Riga for the purpose of speaking about WSO Service. (Majbrit)
Background: The European Chair has determined that attendance at this conference will assist the represented groups become better acquainted with the WSO. There will be about 100 participants with new countries represented being Norway, Sweden, and Germany.
2 Motion: To approve the expenditure of$782.50 for AWC medallions. (Larry)
Background: To commemorate the inaugural AWC, the Board is going to issue this special medallion to give to the AWC attendees and sell the remainder.
3. Motion: To authorize payment of $258 to have the intergroup shopping cart programmed by x-cart. (Larry)
Background: The x-cart programmers need to program the Intergroup shopping cart to have a different minimum order amount than the retail shopping cart.
4 Motion: Authorize the Chair to execute contract with Regency Party Rental & Productions for the installation of a riser for the AWC in the amount of $807.41, not including tax. (Larry)
Background: The use of a riser will permit the expected 200 attendees to see the speakers better.
Guest Comments: To allow that all of our guests have a chance to share, we will limit guest comments to 3-5 minutes. If someone needs to talk further, they may do so after the close of the meeting.
The next ACA WSO Board Teleconference is scheduled March 12th, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. EST.
Is there a motion and 2nd to adjourn the meeting?
Close with the Serenity Prayer