March 12, 2016
2:00 p.m. EST
Access number: 712.432.0075, Pin 427266# Press *6 to mute or un-mute. Please notify the secretary with changes, additions, or motions for this meeting.
A. Call to Order: Please be sure that any background noises in your area are eliminated since the sounds make it difficult for participants to hear. When speaking, please say your name first. This will help us record your name with your input. Thank you.
- Open with the Serenity Prayer
- Tradition Three: The only requirement for membership in ACA is a desire to recover from the effects of growing up in an alcoholic or otherwise dysfunctional family.
B. Roll Call of Board Members: Larry A., Chair, and Literature Committee Chairperson; Mary Jo L., Treasurer, Finance Committee Chair; Majbrit M., European Committee Chair and Vice Chair and Ines Z, Secretary, Spanish Liaison and Spanish Translations Committee Chair.
C. Establish Quorum
D. Guests Introductions: Guests, while this has never been an issue with this Board, as an example to anyone who manages or attends ACA phone bridge meetings, we wish to make you aware that this conference line is used to manage and record our WSO teleconferences. A caller’s phone number and name appears on a dashboard visible only to the WSO Webmaster and the WSO Board. If you do not wish to disclose your information, feel free to use your phone settings to block your caller ID, or you can also attend this teleconference using your computer. Instructions for this are on our website Repository under “Teleconference Agendas.”
At this point we would like to invite all of our guests to introduce themselves by first name only and perhaps telling us where you are calling from and the number of times you have attended our monthly teleconference meetings. Guests, please introduce yourselves:
After the introductions: Non-Board members are welcome to listen to the Teleconference but are requested to remain silent unless called upon to participate. We respectfully ask that guests hold their comments until the end of our meeting. We ask everyone to press *6 if you are not speaking. If someone needs to talk further, they may do so at the close of the meeting.
Motion to approve the minutes of the February 13th, 2016 Teleconference Minutes – Tabled
F. Committee Reports: I will ask the Committee Chairperson to give their reports. (Generally we provide 5 minutes for each report.)
- ACA WSO Treasurer’s Report and Finance Committee, Treasurer, Mary Jo L.
- ACA WSO Literature Committee, Larry A.
- Spanish Translations Update, Ines Z.
- ComLine, Phyllis
- ACA WSO DC Oversight Committee and Distribution Office, Mary Jo L.
- ACA (MPS) Members and Public Service Committee, Denise/Joan
- Hospitals & Institutions Committee, Joan B
- Intergroup Liaison Committee, Bonnie M.
- ACA Website/Database Committee, LarryA.
- European Committee, Majbrit M.
- OPPM Review Committee, Joan B.
- 2016 ABC Committee, LarryA.
- Executive Committee, Majbrit M.
- Approval for 1200 HC Meditation Books. This order is not greater than a previous maximum order. The Executive Board approves anything less than a previous maximum order. If we are exceeding a previous maximum, a formal motion is made otherwise, only approval is required.
G. Old Business: None
H. New Business:
Motions for February 2016 TC
- Motion: To approve the extension of the Centauria IT service contract at $90/hour for up to 22 hours per month.
Background: The current service contract expired on March 1, 2016. The Website and Database Committee recommends continuing the contract for another year.
Guest Comments: To allow that all of our guests have a chance to share, we will limit guest comments to 3-5 minutes. If someone needs to talk further, they may do so after the close of the meeting.
The next ACA WSO Board Teleconference is scheduled April 9th, 2016at 2:00 p.m. EST.
Is there a motion and 2nd to adjourn the meeting?
Close with the Serenity Prayer