ACA WSO: INTERGROUP SUBCOMMITTEE (IGSC)
March 2019 Meeting
3/23/19 12pm-1:30pm ET
(Minutes Taken by: Josh W)
Dial-in number (US): (605) 472-5600
Access code: 241973#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/intergroups5
Online meeting ID: intergroups
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/intergroups5
Attendees: Bonnie K-M (IGSC Chair; TX), Tamara (IGSC Vice-Chair; MN IG), Matt K (IGSC Web/DB Liaison; West Great Lakes IG; WI), Carole C (Member Svcs Chair; Greater Western Region; CA), Josh W (IGSC Secretary; NCA IG; DC)
Opening: Serenity Prayer
1/26/18 Minutes Review/Approval: APPROVED
Open Service Positions: N/A
- One- time list of IGs and contacts: (Matt K <-> Jim B)
- STATUS: Received in Jan2019; Carole (as Member Svcs Chair) holds
- “Say Hi” Letter:
- Status: Carole to take though Member Services (through Slack) to then go to the Board (working sessions every other week)
- Board Approval of Final Draft
- sending out (via MailChimp – Tamara/Josh talk to Sharon/Gloria) – note: need to have reply capability
- MOTION: re-pull the list when letter ready to go. FAILS
- Informal agreement: If Matt can get public list from Jim in a week or two use that; otherwise fall back upon list already in Carole’s possession.
- Needs Assessment Survey
- Draft: Josh, Tamara have completed draft; group to review
- (1) How can WSO (better) help your IG?
- (2) Here is what is currently available from WSO.
- (3) What are the Challenges/Hopes faced by your IG?
- Dependencies: get feedback from “Say Hi” letter
- Target send date: NLT end of Q2 2019
- Web/DB Asks (Matt K <-> Jim B)
- In the queue/backlog
- Self-Service Reporting for List of IG info. Ask is for IGSC to be able to generate Report directly (self-serve, a la button on website)
- Intergroup committee chair to receive an email when Intergroup updates info; new Intergroup is registered.
- Website users can see unaffiliated meetings in “my” area.
- Which Intergroups are in “my” area, which one could my group join? Find an Intergroup map like Find Meeting map.
- Master Calendar of (Intergroup?) Events (and WSO Committee Meetings?) on the website.
- A list of all Intergroups’ updated information, sent to Intergroups committee every quarter or every six months or other time frame.
- In the queue/backlog
- Jim B: I request assistance with reviewing the Intergroup links and pages on adultchildren.org – The website committee is looking at broken links and other issues. Your guidance is greatly appreciated – thanks! Ask is for somebody to report broken links.
- Josh to do, will reach out to Tamara if need help.
- Update Mission Statement: HOLD/TABLE until get more feedback from fellowship (say Hi Letter/Needs Assessment)
- Create Vision Statement
- Survey (shoot for Q2): Assess IGs’ sense of WSO Performance/Responsiveness/Helpfulness
- Review content on new webpage: For Intergroups (Bonnie will take)
- Table at ABC: use NomCom’s table to share info on Intergroups and the IGSC.
- Whether to use Zoom or similar in the future
- Review the list of IGs globally and contact info for completeness and accuracy.
Deliverables for next meeting:
- Carole to take “Say Hi” letter though Member Services (through Slack) to then go to the Board (working sessions every other week)
- Tamara/Josh talk to Sharon/Gloria re MailChimp for “Say Hi” letter
- Josh to review IG lists for dead links to IG websites (will reach out to Tamara if need help)
- Bonnie to review content on new webpage: For Intergroups
MOTION: Skip meeting in April, resume in May. (Continue progress on deliverables via Slack in the meantime) APPROVED
Close: ACA Serenity Prayer