Service Network Committee January 2012 Activity
We meet weekly on Monday at 8PM ET, and Tuesday at 2PM ET to accommodate European and other schedules. See https://acawso.org/category/service-network-committee/
Check the WSO committee calendar at https://acawso.org/committees-calendar/
- The Service Network Committee submitted a proposal for a Panel workshop at the 2020 AWC in Boca Raton. The workshop was accepted!!! The committee is excited about connecting with the fellowship and how Service relates to the power of sharing
- We created a letter to ask for volunteers to help with creating the service manual. The memo was included in the February Traveler and can be found here, https://acawso.org/2020/01/21/help-aca-with-our-service-documents/
- If you have documented procedures about doing service at the Group, Intergroup, Region, or Board level then please let us know. We have already gotten information from the Toronto Intergroup, and a member with tools and tips for moderating phone meetings.
- The SNC is organizing ourselves into working groups to handle different pieces of the service manual. We are documenting methods of work for the working groups now. This will include some type of confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement like the literature committee.
- The working groups we have so far are
- Business Meetings
- ABC Format and Preparation
- Service Manual Compilation
- Reminder: The Concept Study Group will be meeting on February 15th (3rd Sunday of the month) at 10:30 am Eastern Time via ZOOM; the discussion will be on Concept VI. To join this meeting online, please go to https://zoom.us/j/283490458; Meeting ID: 283 490 458; to find your local call-in number by location, go to https://zoom.us/u/ac3j5Blsoa.
- “The Concept Study Group is seeking volunteers to participate in a panel discussion on applying the 12 Concepts of ACA Service in your service work during this year’s AWC in Boca Raton. Do you have at least one year of service experience in ACA, at different levels of service, such as WSO Board of Trustees, Annual Business Conference, Region, Intergroup, or local meeting? Are you interested in reflecting on your service work in relationship to the ACA Concepts – how do you practice the Concepts in your service work, and how does practicing them impact your personal recovery? If you are planning to attend the AWC this year and are interested in participating in this panel discussion, please send an e-mail to Karin S., panel coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.”