CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS – The Literature Committee is currently working on or overseeing about 20 exciting literature-related projects. If you are interested and wish to do service from a space of love, please contact the Literature Committee by using the Contact Us link on the website.
Summary – During August, the Literature Committee worked on the web site rebuild and exploring the possibility of offering a discount of literature to registered intergroups.
ACA Literature – centralizing the storage of all ACA Literature; compilation of ACA Library
ComLine – The Literature Chair and Literature Committee Production Assistant discussed ComLine survey; LCPA has contacted volunteers interested in re-launching the ComLine, asking for input regarding what they would like to see in future issues. LCPA has also asked volunteers to seek input from other members about what they would like to see in the ComLine. Literature Committee is still leaning towards accumulating approximately 6 months’ worth of ComLine materials before restarting publication – most likely in an electronic format.
Audio BRB– The Literature Committee sought a concurrence about the distribution module that will be used and price point.
Multilingual TranslationsLCPA is in receipt of partial Spanish translation of the Fellowship text, and is preparing it for vendor review to determine if Machine Translation (MT) is suitable for translating the remainder of the text.
The LCPA has contacted two vendors to see if Machine Translation is an affordable, viable option for translation of the remaining Spanish, and the entire Fellowship Text into Polish. LCPA has also received the fellowship text translated into Japanese; this text will be forwarded for verification once the Japanese index is delivered. LCPA has also contacted one (US) vendor regarding printing and shipping costs of Japanese Fellowship Text to Japan, and will contact another (EU) vendor for production and shipping quotes.
4×4 – Literature Committee is in receipt of the first copyedit of the 4×4.
e-BRB sales for August were 271 e-books sold. All tolled, there have been 5705 e-BRBs sold.
Literature Committee Production Assistant (LCPA) activities:
- Worked with Distribution Center to establish naming convention SKU numbers for translated literature
- Engaged in teleconference with Ines Z. and Larry A. to discuss ComLine survey
- Working with Syllabus author to compile new and existing resources to create an ACA Reference Library
- Investigating methods of creating digital backups of ACA Reference Library materials
- Update literature on an ongoing basis to correct minor errors in grammar, spelling, etc. as they arise
- Working with Ines Z. on the remaining Spanish Translation MT (machine translation) project
- Used Bang’s most recent PDF of Fellowship Text to convert to word for future translation efforts, both manual and MT
Sincerely yours in service,
Larry A., Literature Chair
ACA WSO Trustee
Ines Z., Spanish Translation/Group Liaison Trusted Servant
ACA WSO Trustee
Robin R., Staff
Literature Committee Production Assistant
From a space of love, I give service in ACA so that every Adult Child seeking recovery may find a safe place.