Monthly EC Skype Meeting
Saturday, April 4, 2015
14:00 p.m. CET
A. The meeting was called to order with the serenity prayer.
B. Roll Call of European Countries: Majbrit, Denmark, WSO European Chair;
Will, Germany, WSO EC Secretary
Martin, UK, WSO Trustee;
Raymond, ACA UK Chair
C. A quorum was established
D. EC Members Reports: were not yet possible because there were not yet formal country representatives.
E. Guests Introductions:
Genovéva – Hungary
F. Minutes: Motion to approve the March, 2015 Teleconference Minutes
The motion was seconded and the minutes were approved. One amendment was noted, clarifying the motion to end the EC call from March.
G. Committee Reports:
1. EC Chair, Majbrit
It has been a hectic month. The Danish fellowship was asked if it could provide the Danish PDF of the red book to help with translating the text from Danish into Norwegian. The Danish Literature Chair is working with the Norwegian fellowship to help translate. The Italian fellowship is also working on translating the red book. Italy has had difficulty getting people to sign up for the literature committee. Greece is about to open a new face to face meeting. Athens has one skype meeting and one face to face meeting. Latvia sought experience on creating its own website. In Denmark there has been a lot of turmoil in the service structure. Denmark now has a literature chair. Work is being done to translate the meditation book. The fellowship is growing, including three new meetings in the past month. Even the thinly populated areas of Denmark are getting new meetings. The UK is setting up new meetings as well.
Majbrit will refer questions on translations to Robin from the WSO. The EC currently does not have a Literature Committee to support translations. Robin also has a new email address [email protected] Her previous email address is no longer valid.
H. New Business:
- At the last EC call, it was agreed that establishing a European Region would be a good thing, as the service work in the EC has been increasing over the last months. In order to do so, a proposal would be needed from two IGs.
- The UK IG is meeting on 2 May. The UK IG could make a proposal to create a region. Denmark could do the same.
- In parallel, a letter could be drafted to invite other IGs to participate in the European Region.
- A motion was made to skip the EC call in May and resume on 6 June. The Motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve the Mission statement for the EC.
Our mission is to be the voice in Europe for the Fellowship of Adult Children of Alcoholics/Dysfunctional Families (ACA). From a place of unconditional love, we carry the message of the 12 steps, by supporting the growth of the European Fellowship through Member and Public Services (MPS). This is achieved by coordinating outreach activities and disseminating information to the European ACA Fellowship, professionals and the public. Providing Europe with a service structure to service these purposes. We are not organized for the private gain of any person, and function as an autonomous board for Europe, as part of the World Service Organization (WSO).
The Motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to have the time and date of the EC call posted on the WSO website, to let the fellowship know ahead of time that a call will be taking place. The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
- Discussion took place on what the role of the EC should be after a European Region has been established, as the needs of the European fellowship have changed over time. A motion was made to revisit the specific role of the EC once a proposal to create the European Region has been created. The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
- Finland lacks 800 dollars to make their budget for the European Convention in Finland. As it is a WSO supported event, the EC chair will ask the WSO for financial support and also find out the exact dates of the convention.
- An agenda will be drafted for the next EC call, to be sent out a week before the call.
I. Guest Comments
Genovéva – Hungary
She is not an official representative, primarily a listener. She passes on the info here on to the Hungarian groups. Hungary currently has about 19 meetings, most of which are in Budapest, one even in English. Hungary is facing similar issues as other groups in Europe, particularly with getting literature and translating literature. Sponsorship is also an issue, because not so many sponsors are available.
http://www.aca.hu/is the Hungarian IG website. It is also possible to have the meetings registered on the WSO site, if the IG so wishes. The Hungarian fellowship has been active for at least more than 10 years.
A motion to end the EC call was seconded.
Announcements: The next EC Skype Meeting is scheduled for Saturday, June 6th at 14:00 p.m. CET.
The meeting closed with the Serenity Prayer.