WSO Website and Database Committee report for August 2016 presented at the September 2016 Meeting
1. The full database of meeting contacts was shared with the entire Board
2. The groups and intergroup that were dropped were reinstated.
3. A Group Update link was placed on the top of the home page with drop downs for groups and intergroups.
4. An Update Meeting link was added to the individual meeting’s listing.
5. The use of the Update Meeting link on the meeting’s directory automatically pre-populates the update form with the meeting’s basic information.
6. The user only has to fill in those fields that need changing on the update form. Everything that is not changed will be assumed to be correct. If in doubt, fill it in.
7. The Update form will have an Everything is OK button for one click instant updates.
8. The Update form will have a Save button and a response letting the user know that their information was received (please allow 2-3 weeks for the update to appear on the website).
8. The Update form will include step-by-step instructions on how to update the group’s information
9. A How To video showing how to Update Meeting information will be produced and added to the website.
- The following shows monthly trends for users accessing the adultchildren.org website. Figures for August:
- 52,395 User Sessions in August was up from 50,834 in July
- 36,289 Unique users up from 35,897
- 108, 053 page views, up from 102,855
- 61.03 % of users were new which was down from 62.2 %
- 49.73 % of users accessed the site with Mobile devices, 9.07 % with tablets, and 41.19 % with a desktop – consistent with the previous month
- The bounce rate (users leaving the site immediately) was 63.59%, down from 64.69 %
- The pages accessed the most often were
- Laundry List – 20,045 views, 18.55% of the total page views
- Find a meeting – 9,418 views (8.72%)
- Find a meeting Search results 6,235 views (5.77%)
- Literature – 3,815 (3.53%)
- The Problem – 3,016 views (2.79%)
- Users continue to come from across the globe with the top 5 session counts from:
- United States – 84.27 % of users
- United Kingdom – 3.31 %
- Canada – 3.30 %
- Australia – 1.61 %
- Russia – 0.65%