ABC Proposals Due November 30
Dear Fellow ACAs,
Each year the ACA WSO holds our Annual Business Conference (ABC) and ACA World Convention (AWC) in April.
This coming year they will be held April 23-26, 2020 in Boca Raton, Florida.
If your group has an idea that may benefit ACA Worldwide , you can submit it as a proposal for potential inclusion on the agenda at the ABC. All proposals will become part of a Ballot in January. The specific process and timing are as follows:
If your group feels it may have a proposal to submit, your first step should be to go to this website page –
https://acawso.org/category/ballot-prep to find these documents:
1. “Is it a Proposal or should it go to a Committee” – provides contact Information about WSO Committees.
2. “Proposal Guidelines” – provides guidance about what makes a good proposal and it will also help you determine whether your idea should be submitted as a proposal, or if instead it can be submitted to a WSO Committee.
3. “Crafting a Proposal” – provides information about how to best create a proposal.
When you’re ready to submit your proposal to be considered for the ABC agenda do the following:
- Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020_ABC
- Fill in the form according to the instructions.
- Submit your Group’s proposal by November 30, 2019
After you have completed these tasks, the following happens:
- Proposals are reviewed by the appropriate committee(s) and trusted servants and, if needed, the intent clarified with the submitting group.
- After a WSO analysis of the proposal has been added, the proposal is added to the Ballot and sent to all registered groups by January 15, 2020.
- Ballots must be returned to WSO no later than March 31, 2020.
- Proposals that receive at least a 60% affirmative vote will then be placed on the agenda for consideration at the 2020 ABC.
If you have any questions about this proposal process, (or need assistance drafting a proposal) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Yours in Service,
The 2020 Ballot Preparation Committee