ACA members accepting the call of service work provide the energy we need to do the good work of ACA around the globe. There could easily be 300 million adult children in the world, so the work ahead remains steady. But we make progress each day. p.536
In the month of October, we received 392 emailed requests. I emailed 318 answers. As for telephone calls, we got 82. I use Skype for callbacks to maintain my anonymity.
International connections made this month:
Sweden Spain New Zealand Australia UK Mongolia Canada Israel Denmark Germany Finland Belgium China
Public Information, H&I & Outreach met again for definition of service work via the new website
- There are roughly 94 meetings a week on the Telephone
- Germany and Spain are showing more interest in Translations
- Germany asked for help in hosting a weekend ACA retreat
- Skype meetings doubled: from 1 to 2
- There was an upsurge in ACA Telephone meeting complaints
- ACA members want contact lists and sponsor lists
- Santa Barbara wants to start another Intergroup in California
- A group is going to paint their meetings walls to look like the sky, and include the Serenity Prayer
- A counselor seeking recovery because of using the Fellowship Text with clients
- Members requesting an Audio book
- A request to send a workbook to a prisoner that is glued, not bound
- A Substance abuse counselor looking for meetings for clients
- I Updated 2 catalogues with ACA details, South Dakota and San Diego CA
- A request to make posters out of the Yellow Workbook Tree visuals
- One email was a simple thank you for the eBook formatted Fellowship Text
The “Keeping me on my toes” All-Stars:
- Can Celebrate Recovery groups hold ACA meetings?
- Is there a list of ACA speakers for retreats?
- Can groups have ACA retreats that include all 12 step groups?
- Do we need insurance to start my group? The church says I do
- Can the eBook be on iTunes?
- Did Janet Woititz write the book?
- Can a college student attend ACA meetings to write a report?
- Is there Buddhism-oriented literature for ACA?
- When members share like this ____ is that proper?
- Why is God in the ACA literature so much?
- How do I help my relative find a meeting?
- Are there ACA meetings for sexual abuse survivors?
- Are there ACA rehabs?
- Can Rokelle Lerner meditations be given to newcomers?
Keep those questions coming, boys and girls!