ANNOUNCEMENT: The following is the letter that was sent to all contacts for groups that are registered with WSO. We are posting it here in case any groups did not get it.
Dear Fellow ACA,
You are receiving this email because you are listed as the contact person for an ACA Meeting or Intergroup with the World Service Organization. Please share this information with your group(s).
If there are any changes to your group’s contact information, please use his link to update your group’s listing. http://www.meetings.adultchildren.org/meeting-update
Now to the direct business at hand . . .
Each year the ACA WSO holds our Annual Business Conference (ABC) and ACA World Convention (AWC) in April. This coming year they will be held April 26-29, 2018 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Prior to the ABC, registered ACA Meetings and Intergroups (Groups) around the world have an opportunity to submit proposals that they feel may benefit ACA as a whole. These proposals are then sent out to all ACA Groups worldwide. Groups are then asked to return a ballot indicating which proposals they wish to see included in the ABC agenda.
The specific process and timing are as follows:
If your group has a proposal we suggest you review the “Crafting a Proposal” document on the WSO website Repository – https://acawso.org/committee-abc/ballot-prep This will give you some guidance about what makes a good proposal and also what you may decide is better sent to a WSO Committee instead.
When you’re ready to submit your proposal to be considered for the ABC agenda do the following:
- Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2018_Call_for_Proposals
- Fill in the form according to the instructions.
- Submit your Group’s proposal by September 30, 2017.
Those are the things that you do; then the following happens:
- Proposals are reviewed by the appropriate committee(s) and trusted servants and, if needed, the intent clarified with the submitting group.
- After composing an analysis of each proposal, they are translated and then sent out to the fellowship in the form of a ballot on or about December 1, 2017.
The 2018 Ballot Preparation Committee