An email with the following information was sent to all ACA group contacts on August 1st. Please contact email@example.com if your group did not receive this email.
ABC Proposals Due November 30th
Dear Fellow ACAs,
You are receiving this email because you are listed as the contact person for an ACA Meeting or Intergroup or Region registered with the World Service Organization.
Please share this information with your group. If there are any changes to your group’s contact information, please use the following link to update your group’s listing: https://adultchildren.org/meeting/meeting-changes/
And now to the direct business at hand . . .
Each year the ACA WSO holds our Annual Business Conference (ABC) and ACA World Convention (AWC) in April. This coming year they will be held April 25-28, 2019 in Malmo, Sweden.
Prior to the ABC, ACA Meetings, Intergroups and Regions (Groups) from around the world, which are registered with World Service, have an opportunity to submit proposals that they feel may benefit ACA as a whole. These proposals are then sent out to all registered ACA Groups worldwide in the form of a Ballot. This will be an opportunity for all Groups to participate in the process by then returning their ballot, indicating which proposals they wish to see included in the ABC agenda. We request that groups not submit proposals that have been submitted within the recent past.
The specific process and timing are as follows:
If your group feels it may have a proposal to submit, your first step should be to read the “Proposal Guidelines” document: https://acawso.org/2018/07/31/proposal-guidelines/
This provides guidance about what makes a good proposal and it will also help you determine whether your idea should be submitted as a Proposal, or if instead it can be submitted to a WSO Committee. Go to the following document for Information about WSO Committees: https://acawso.org/2018/08/01/is-it-a-proposal-or-should-it-go-to-a-committee/ (Broken link)
When you’re ready to submit your proposal to be considered for the ABC agenda do the following:
- Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019_Call_for_Proposals
- Fill in the form according to the instructions.
- Submit your Group’s proposal by November 30, 2018.
After you have completed these tasks, the following happens:
- Proposals are reviewed by the appropriate committee(s) and trusted servants and, if needed, the intent clarified with the submitting group.
- After composing an analysis of the proposal that will be on the ballot, they may be translated and then sent out to the fellowship in the form of a ballot on or about January 15, 2019.
- Ballots must be returned to WSO no later than March 31, 2019.
- Proposals that receive at least a 2/3rds affirmative vote will then be placed on the agenda for consideration at the 2019 ABC.
If you have any questions about this proposal process, (or need assistance drafting a proposal) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Yours in Service,
The 2019 Ballot Preparation Committee