ADULT CHILDREN OF ALCOHOLICS WORLD SERVICE ORGANIZATION (ACA WSO)Working Board Meeting Minutes
May 30, 2013; 7:00 P.M. – 8:40 P.M. EDT
Meeting called to order at 7:10 p.m. and opened with the Serenity Prayer.
Board members present: Larry A., Chair; Joan B., Vice-Chair; Mary Jo L., Treasurer; Karen R., Secretary; Leanne S., Vonnie, and Allen C.
The Board went down the list of items earlier determined to need work on as a result of the Inventory Processing Audit Report.
- Moving the ACA meeting out of the office. A letter has been sent already and they will be out in four weeks.
- Repurpose Seventh Tradition Donations: Tabled until July
- Salary Increase for office staff: Tabled until July
- Budget: Tabled until July
- Product pricing – already done with the trifolds. Discussion on creating a new bundle for $35 consisting of the BRB, Workbook, and new meeting packet will wait until a later date.
- Book orders. No concern at this time. The storage is okay for now. At the next time of for the ordering cycle, intergroups will be contacted regarding taking advantage of the seeding program.
- UPS Drop Shipments: tabled until September.
- The foreign books not moving as well as the damaged books and workbooks will be moved in to the extra room gained for storage at the warehouse because of the ACA meeting relocating.
- Purchase Orders: placing orders in the office for office supplies was requested by Patricia. Mary Jo is going to follow up on that.
- A group looking for board guidance on using social media to post speakers. That has been turned over to the newly created Social Media subcommittee to study and get back to the board on. Larry is going to send them an email about that.
- Scanning and shredding has been halted at this time.
- Taylor will be given 30 days to continue her work with ACA and get a leave date for her military service. It has been about nine months since she said she had signed up for military service and was going to get an entrance date ‘soon’.
- UPS: they are producing a report that will show what has shipped so we can track the hours worked and hours needed to work.
- Communication with Patricia: go through the Treasurer and Chair if you need to contact Patricia.
- Preparation for Audit: post-phoned until a Treasurer’s committee is up and running.
- Workman’s Compensation regarding DiAnne: Should she be reclassified or is she reclassified? Mary Jo will follow up on that with Patricia.
- Inventory Adjustment form: Joan volunteered to produce such a document but has been unable to devise one. She asked for help in this matter. Several options were offered, including Mary Jo checking the new software to see if it has that form. Allen and Vonnie offered to create the form in Word or Excel. Allen is going to proceed with that project.
- Mary Jo brought up the overlap in the Contact list of emails. More will be done to clarify and simplify that procedure.
The meeting closed at 8:40 with the Serenity Prayer.
The next Board Work Meeting will be held on June 20, 2013.
Submitted by Joan B.