ACA members accepting the call of service work provide the energy we need to do the good work of ACA around the globe. There could easily be 300 million adult children in the world, so the work ahead remains steady. But we make progress each day. p.536
In the month of September, we received 483 requests in. I sent out 353 answers. Of the 483 incoming requests, 75 of them (or 6%) were from non USA countries. This month we received 77 voicemails which I returned using Skype for anonymity. I recently was helped to find the actual reports which measure mid month to mid month and these are the figures since we started using Vonage; they are the total incoming calls reported. I don’t know how many were answered live and how many were voicemails.
3/15/13-4/14/13: 173 4/15/13-5/14/13: 148 5/15/13-6/14/13: 153 6/15/13-7/14/13: 171 7/15/13-8/14/13: 252 8/15/13-9/14/13: 223 9/15/13-10/14/13: 157 as of 10/10/13
International connections made this month:
Germany Australia UK Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar Spain Zambia, (Southern Africa) Israel Venezuela Sweden Australia Denmark Scotland Taipei, Taiwan Poland Johannesburg, South Africa
- Mongolia never had an ACA meeting but now they have two brand new meetings is Ulaanbaatar.
- Taiwan turned on its 1st ACA light in the city of Taipei
- Venezuela is still working on getting their 2nd and maybe 3rd meeting up and running
- Spain is growing in their meeting listings and in their desire to translate literature
- Wikipedia asked us to update group counts for ACA worldwide and US on their website. The change wasn’t there 3 weeks later, so I took their invitation and updated the group counts myself.
- A member contacted us saying she’d seen a flyer at an ACA meeting that said WSO needs service volunteers and she offered her services as an editor.
- Zambia in Southern Africa emailed a flyer to show us all the 12 step recovery going on in their country.
- North Central Pennsylvania will soon register an Intergroup
- The Netherlands has a new Intergroup.
- Groups are reaching out for help in following the traditions, paying correctly, keeping their meetings safe and sane.
- Members are reaching out for information on Tony A., how to find a sponsor, how to get a contact list, how to find meetings.
And as long as they keep reaching out, I will be happy to reach back.