January 9, 2016
2:00 p.m. EST
Access number: 712.432.0075, Pin 427266# Press *6 to mute or un-mute. Please notify the secretary with changes, additions, or motions for this meeting.
A. Call to Order: Please be sure that any background noises in your area are eliminated since the sounds make it difficult for participants to hear. When speaking, please say your name first. This will help us record your name with your input. Thank you.
- Open with the Serenity Prayer
- Tradition One: Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends on ACA unity.
B. Roll Call of Board Members: Larry A., Chair, and Literature Committee Chairperson; Mary Jo L., Treasurer, Finance Committee Chair; Majbrit M., European Committee Chair and Vice Chair and Ines Z, Secretary, Spanish Liaison and Spanish Translations Committee Chair.
C. Establish Quorum
D. Guests Introductions: Guests, while this has never been an issue with this Board, as an example to anyone who manages or attends ACA phone bridge meetings, we wish to make you aware that this conference line is used to manage and record our WSO teleconferences. A caller’s phone number and name appears on a dashboard visible only to the WSO Webmaster and the WSO Board. If you do not wish to disclose your information, feel free to use your phone settings to block your caller ID, or you can also attend this teleconference using your computer. Instructions for this are on our website Repository under “Teleconference Agendas.”
At this point we would like to invite all of our guests to introduce themselves by first name only and perhaps telling us where you are calling from and the number of times you have attended our monthly teleconference meetings. Guests, please introduce yourselves:
After the introductions: Non-Board members are welcome to listen to the Teleconference but are requested to remain silent unless called upon to participate. We respectfully ask that guests hold their comments until the end of our meeting. We ask everyone to press *6 if you are not speaking. If someone needs to talk further, they may do so at the close of the meeting.
Motion to approve the minutes of the November 14th, 2015Teleconference Minutes
Motion to approve the minutes of the December 12th, 2015 Teleconference Minutes
F. Committee Reports: I will ask the Committee Chairperson to give their reports. (Generally we provide 5 minutes for each report.)
- ACA WSO Treasurer’s Report and Finance Committee, Treasurer, Mary Jo L.
- ACA WSO Literature Committee, Larry A.
- Spanish Translations Update, Ines Z.
- ComLine, Phyllis
- ACA WSO Distribution Office, Mary Jo L.
- ACA WSO DC Oversight Committee, Ines Z.
- ACA (MPS) Members and Public Service Committee, Denise/Joan
- Hospitals & Institutions Committee, Joan B
- Intergroup Liaison Committee, Bonnie M.
- ACA Website/Database Committee, LarryA.
- European Committee, Majbrit M.
- OPPM Review Committee, Joan B.
- 2016 ABC Committee, LarryA.
- Executive Committee, Majbrit M.
G. Old Business: None
H. New Business:
Motions for January 2016
1. Motion: To approve the expenditure of $260 to program the x-cart to capture shipping bug information (Larry)
Background: This data is to be used to consult with UPS and USPS so they can reduce the shipping rate discrepancies
2. Motion: To approve the minimum orders for the 30% Intergroup Discounts as follows (Larry):
- Full Boxes of Books
The number of books per box will vary according to the title. A box of Fellowship Texts will contain 20 books, a box of 12 Step Workbooks will contain 22 books, a box of Meditation Books hard cover will contain 18 books, a box of Meditations Books soft cover will contain 52 books, and a box of Laundry Lists Workbooks will contain 14 books. Each box will contain only one title and will not be mixed with other titles.
- Complete Rolls of Chips or Medallions
There are 25 chips/medallions in each roll. Each roll to contain one kind of chip or medallion; i.e., Welcome chips, 1 month chips, 1 year medallions, 2 years medallions etc. The coins will not be mixed.
- Sets of 10 of Each Title of Either Tri-fold Sets, the Tri-fold Assortment or Booklets
- Minimum of 2 Meeting Starter Kits
- Minimum of 3 New Meeting Packets
- The minimum overall order is $630 per order.
- All orders will be delivered to only one address. It is the responsibility of the Intergroups to distribute literature locally.
- After this program is rolled out, the WSO can reevaluate the minimum amounts to assure accessibility by the Intergroups and affordability by the WSO.
Background: The 30% Intergroup discount minimums and one destination restriction are designed to keep the WSO’s labor costs down and thus protect the WSO’s losses in offering this discount exclusively to Intergroups.The WSO’s ability to afford giving this discount has to be balanced with the cost/labor savings of making bulk shipments while being mindful that the minimum overall amount of $630 (the equivalent to three boxes of BRB’s or 60 books) should be affordable to most, if not all, Intergroups and their constituent groups
Guest Comments: To allow that all of our guests have a chance to share, we will limit guest comments to 3-5 minutes. If someone needs to talk further, they may do so after the close of the meeting.
The next ACA WSO Board Teleconference is scheduled February 13th, 2016at 2:00 p.m. EST.
Is there a motion and 2nd to adjourn the meeting?
Close with the Serenity Prayer