JUNE LITERATURE REPORT
CALL FOR LITERATURE COMMITTEE VOLUNTEERS! WRITERS, EDITORS, ILLUSTRATORS, GRAPHIC DESIGNERS, PHOTOGRAPHERS WANTED!
We have a lot of exciting projects in the works – and are looking for volunteers to help us shape the future of ACA. If you wish to do service from a space of love, please contact the Literature Committee by using the Contact Us link on the website.
New Literature Offerings for Fellowship Review
Hospitals and Institutions Guidelines: This booklet will available for review May through July.
Intergroup Guidelines: If you are part of an existing intergroup, are considering establishing an intergroup, or have some ideas on improving intergroup functions then you are the ideal reviewer for this booklet. This booklet (currently in draft form as MS word) will be available for review June through August.
To the Beginner in All of Us: This trifold will be available for review mid-July through mid-October).To review these and other materials as they become available, visit our website http://www.adultchildren.org. You will find them under the Fellowship Alerts link in the lower right corner of the page.
Literature Update: Twelve Steps of Adult Children Steps Workbook
Fellowship request that Steps 6-12 be expanded with additional questions and exercises. This publication is open for revisions. Please submit suggestions for additions to the workbook to [email protected]
The Laundry List Workbook – Integrating Our Laundry List Traits
We received tremendous response to this text. The Laundry List Workbook – Integrating Our Laundry List Traits seeks to expand the Fellowship Text’s brief description of the “Other” or Opposite Laundry List. The Other Laundry List outlines characteristics of how adult children may be acting out the effects of the original Laundry List traits. Wherever possible we incorporated the valuable insights, commentary and suggestions.
This workbook expands the Fellowship Text’s brief description of the “Other” or Opposite Laundry List (BRB, p. 8). It contains concise questions to guide the recovering adult child in reliving actual episodes that produced feelings of inferiority, shame, guilt, and anger (emotional intoxication). This workbook outlines a recovery process for healing the injury and conflict caused by childhood trauma and its continued re-enactment, and for withdrawing from emotional intoxication. (BRB p. 626)
The book is now in the final production stage, and we anticipate offering The Laundry List Workbook for sale in August or September.
We received several articles, along with original artwork and some stunning photography for the 3rd Quarter ComLine. This issue is available for download here.
The next issue will be for the 4th Quarter: October, November, December. All submissions for the 4th Quarter issue should be sent in by November 1.
Though primary focus for the 4th Quarter issue is on Steps 10, 11, 12 and Traditions 10, 11, 12, all shares, stories, poems reflecting experience, strength, and hope are welcome! Be sure to include a copyright release form with your story or artwork. A copyright release form can be downloaded from our website at http://www.adultchildren.org/comline.
Sales for May were 73 a-books sold. All tolled, we have sold 343 a-BRBs.
Sales for May were 202 e-books sold. All tolled, we have sold 7,777 e-BRBs.
FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon)
- Currently, FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon) has more information readily accessible to determine feasibility for international fulfillment. Amazon requires that shipments be from the United States to an FBA fulfillment Center. The Literature Committee established a test scenario account to determine specifics that are not otherwise available, including:
- Price points for products requiring adjustments to increase based on
- bulk international shipping costs (variable by size/weight)
- addition of 21% markup for VAT (value-added tax)
- 15% per item Amazon Referral Fee
- 15% per item Closing Fee
- Pick & Pack Fees (variable by client order)
- Weight handling fee
- FBA Referral fee
- Price points for products requiring adjustments to increase based on
RR Donnelly International Fulfillment
- LCDE has sent RR Donnelly an extensive worksheet developed to determine Amazon fulfillment fees and has a face-to-face appointment set up with RR Donnelly rep to compare known Amazon requirements/costs for fulfillment with what RR Donnelly can provide.
- RR Donnelly has several global print/distribution centers and can print and ship to Amazon (VAT may be an issue with this option), and can print/warehouse at their facilities to distribute to purchasers through their online distribution centers. RR Donnelly suggests that POD may be a viable option for items that are in less demand.
- RR Donnelly also claims to be able to integrate their ACA warehoused stock seamlessly to appear on ACA’s site as products available via x-cart. Purchaser would only see RR Donnelly as the supplier on the packing slip with receipt of an RR Donnelly supplied product. March/April 2015 Discussions with RR Donnelly regarding this option was premature because our site was not fully realized, and x-cart was still in development.
As the global standard for identifying titles, ISBNs (International Standard Book Numbers) are used worldwide as a unique identifier for books, and are used to simplify distribution and purchase of books throughout the global supply chain. The Literature Committee has been registering published products for international distribution, and is redesigning existing products to make them compliant with ISBN/Bar Code standards. Depending on the supplier (Amazon/Donnelly/ACA), a different type of product coding will be required for medallions and other miscellaneous bundled-only sales items such as signs and laminated slogans.
The literature committee is requesting quotes for the core literature materials (trifolds and booklets) translated into Danish, Finnish, Russian, Spanish, Greek, and Japanese for printing and offering international as bundled items (one of each literature piece per bundle). The Identity Papers will be taken from existing translated literature and will be formatted to be included as part of the core bundled literature materials that will be offered. We are also investigating the option of translating and minting the welcome chip into Finish, Danish, and Spanish.
The Polish translation committee recently updated main literature, and are working very hard on translating both the BRB and 12 Steps Workbook into Polish.
- More than 500 emails were traded both domestically and abroad, including from the fellowship in Australia, Finland, Japan, Russia, Denmark and Greece.
- We’ve received 7 submissions for consideration as future literature pieces
- As existing stock of literature is exhausted, where applicable:
- Updates reflecting the 11th Tradition revision will be implemented
- Updates to include the AA 12 Steps to be printed alongside ACA 12 Steps will be implemented
- Updates to show the Laundry List, The Other Laundry List, and their flip sides will be implemented
Sincerely yours in service,
Larry A., Literature Chair, ACA WSO Trustee
Ines, Z., ACA WSO Trustee, Spanish Translation and Group Liaison
Robin R., Staff
John M., Intergroup Set Up Guidelines Trusted Servant
Karen A., Proofreader
Cheryl H., Proofreader
Patti H., Proofreader
Phyllis R., ComLine
Bonnie K-M., ComLine
Mardi M., ComLine
Laura L., ComLine
Jennifer B., ComLine
Conrad G., ComLine
Marty M., ComLine
Bob B., Copyrights Coordinator
Anna J., Polish Translation Contributor/Polish Fellowship, UK
Christine D, French Translation Contributor, Canada
Henry G., Finnish Translation Contributor, Finland
Anna, Finnish Translation Contributor, Finland
Hiroko I., Japanese Translation Contributor, Japan
Ines Z., Spanish Translation Contributor, USA
Keiko D., Japanese Translation Contributor, Japan
Nastya, Russian Translation Coordinator, Russia
Stefan B., German Translation Contributor, Germany
Xanthi T., Greek Translation Contributor, Greece
Susanne B, Swedish Translation Contributor, Sweden
On-Going Translation Groups
From a space of love, I give service in ACA so that every Adult Child seeking recovery may find a safe place.